Your alien lizard checking in.

Today's weird schedule:

4 am write

9:45 am kitten vet visit

11:00 Flu shot at Safeway

2:00 Record music for church. Hernando's Hideaway. Really? Really. Watched that bit of The Pajama Game on youtube. I have never watched The Pajama Game. Fun white people in the 1950s, looks like. Whatever. We are doing this in Day of the Dead makeup. No, I do not understand this either. I'd rather sing Robert Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening to the Hernando's Hideaway tune, fits perfectly, but that's just me. I am trying to warp their brains to my level of goofiness but we are not there yet.

4:00 Weekly Music Committee meeting for church. Church? For lizards? Unitarian, sillies. B won't let me come to his band practice any more, so I needed music DESPERATELY. So church. I don't know why I am abjured from his band. Not sure if it's him or the Grumpy Oldest Guy or possibly both. It hurt, but whatthefuckever. They were really welcoming until my PANDAS flared. Why are people such assholes?

4:30 B and I drive to Sequim. He is taking me to his friends for dinner. The guy is very conservative, rich and collects things. Like animal heads. But something else. Not warheads, whew. I know nothing about the woman except that she cooks well and travels with the guy as his companion. I thought companion sounded boring and too much like an 1800s novel, so I am currently B's mistress. I can have more fun with that. Of course, I could dress in the 1800s stuff.

So what does an alien lizard in a human host wear to dinner with two people she's never met? Especially when B quoted the woman as saying "Nice of you to give her another chance." Meaning me, another chance after PANDAS. Um. Yeah, I was sick, right? Except any SNIFF of mental, oh, I mean, behavioral health, carries a stigma and I think bipolar carries the MOST stigma. Schizophrenia sucks, but those people can't help it, right? Bipolar is always treated like some sort of character failing. Why? I don't have a clue. Depression is more acceptable.

So what does an alien lizard in a human host wear to dinner with someone who sounds as if they stigmatize behavioral health who is companion to someone who collects something like animal heads?

Good question. I think I will wear a sweater set, to lull them. With jeans, since it is casual. It would be too obvious to wear a 1950s dress like in the Pajama Game. Though I have one or two. Sweater set and jeans. Then, when they are relaxed, I will BRING THEM OVER TO THE DARK SIDE. BY THE END OF THE EVENING THEY WILL BE FOR

SINGLE PAYER HEALTHCARE.

MWAHHH HAH AHA AHAHAHAA HA HAHAHAHA

I look forward to warping their brains.

It turns out one of our office workers,  Jessica comes from a family of veterans.  Her grandfather served on the USS Arizona and is buried aboard that ship.   He was at Pearl Harbor on. December 7, 1941 only that day he was working on another ship.  He raced back to the Arizona, but fortunately (for him) did not make it aboard before a Japanese bomb penetrated one of the magazines and blew the ship in half, sinking it.   Jessica showed me his picture as an old man, back on the ship and signing autographs.  A year later he had passed at a ripe old age, but still plagued with a measure of survivor's guilt

Jessica described the interment of his ashes.  Divers take the urn down and from what she said it sounds like they place the urns in the hull at or near the spot of the explosion.  The diver is chained to the surface. Ropes are not used because for some reason the hull of the Arizona is subject to some very severe currents.   The diver goes down, clutching the urn in both hands, because the current is so strong. When a member of the family signals the urn is released and quickly sucked into the hull.  

If you are in the family. of an Arizona survivor and choose, the memoral will be cleared for the internment so only family is present.  I didn't ask what Jessica's family chose, but i enjoyed i pictures and suggest that if you can visit the Arizona Memoral you do it at low tide,  because much more can be seen. 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.