-half cup butter
-half cup brown sugar
-half cup white sugar
-two eggs
-quarter cup milk
-one cup raisins
-one and two thirds cups oatmeal
-two cups chocolate chips
-one and a half cups flour
-one teaspoon baking soda
-half teaspoon salt
-one teaspoon vanilla

Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture. Add the oatmeal, raisins, and chocolate chips to the mixture. Mix everything together well.

Drop cookies from a teaspoon onto a pan. Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for about 10 minutes.

Ingredients Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. I like to take a fork and press a # pattern onto the cookies to flatten them a littlebit. Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
The best possible oatmeal cookies are made with my mother's recipe.

Preheat oven to 350oF.

Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

Cream butter, brown sugar and eggs. Beat the hell of of it.

Add flour mixture. Stir as little and as gently as possible.

Add flakes and oatmeal, again stirring as little and as gently as possible.

Place small mounds of dough on an un-greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350oF for 8 to 10 minutes.

My favorite oatmeal cookie recipe was given to me by the caretaker of a field station in the rainforests of Costa Rica. They are incomparable--a little taller than your average cookie with a nutmeggy kick that is quite distinctive.

Galletas de Avena

Ingredients:

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Set aside.
  3. Combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the workbowl of a stand mixer (or a bowl suitable for use with a hand mixer) and beat together with mixer until combined thoroughly.
  4. Gradually add flour mixture to bowl, continuing to beat, until all flour mixture has been added and batter has achieved a thick consistency.
  5. Gradually fold in oatmeal and chocolate chips with a large spatula, until all oatmeal and chips are added and batter is thoroughly mixed and has a stiff-dough consistency.
  6. With hands, take walnut-sized balls of dough and place them evenly-spaced on cookie sheets. Place cookie sheets in oven and cook for 9-11 minutes until balls have spread and cookies have risen slightly, and edges of cookies are slightly browned.
  7. Remove cookies to a cooling rack and cool until you can eat them without burning the roof off of your mouth.

Yield: About 4 dozen cookies, depending on how much of the batter you eat raw.

Notes:

  1. Fresh butter is important. Because butter is such a prominent ingredient in these cookies, it's important that it be fresh and not contaminated with stinky freezer smells.
  2. Freshly ground whole nutmeg is ideal, if possible. It gives the cookies a bit of extra oomph.
  3. Part of the appeal of these cookies for me is their slight cakiness. They're a little drier than a typical cookie, but still chewy.
  4. Purists may complain about the lack of raisins in this recipe. One could probably substitute raisins for the chocolate chips, but the extra moisture might change the cookie's texture a bit. Be sure to soak the raisins first to prevent them drying out during cooking.

Simpler, please.

Mix. Cookie-shape. 10-15 min at 200 C.

kudos: Hunajainen SAM
www.hunajainensam.fi

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.