By daylogging while E2 is still 40% down, Aerobe, Jarl of Noderun, has achieved the almost-half-impossible! FUS RO DAH!

There are 57 users online at the time of this writing. 57. That's the most I've ever seen online in all my time I've been here (which is relatively short, mind you). This tells me two things:

1. We are not dead yet, and
2. People still care about E2.

I've been concerned about E2 for quite a while now. This site means a lot to me. I'm afraid of it dying--either by slowly fading out or one giant server crash. When I logged on this morning to find E2 down, I saw a message that told me not to worry--that my writeups are safe. But I wasn't worried about my writeups, I was worried about losing touch with the members of this site.

In recent weeks we've been going through a lot of turbulence. I thought E2's member-base would weaken because of it, but it hasn't, in fact, it's only grown stronger. This gives me hope concerning the future of this site.

That being said, I agree whole-heatedly with what Jet-Poop said here. I know nothing about what's wrong with E2 and probably wouldn't understand even if you told me. But I think I speak for all of us when I say I will help in whatever way I can. If you need money, set up a donation box, pass an offering plate around, anything. Coders/Editors/Gods, you are not alone in this, we are all in this together. If you need help, ask for it.

If E2 was some faceless corporation with it's own building and hundreds of employees, we wouldn't be having this problem. But we're not--and that's the way I like it. We are all volunteers. We do it because we love E2. We love the writing, but most importantly, we love the people. I know we will get through this. It might take some time, effort, and money, but I know we can do it.


Somebody informed me that there weren't really that many people online--shucks!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.