The following text is printed on a handbill that TSA (U.S. Transportation Security Administration) airline baggage screeners insert in baggage which they must open and inspect outside the presence of its owner:

Transportation
Security
Administration


NOTICE OF BAGGAGE INSPECTION


To protect you and your fellow passengers, the Transportation Security Administration is required by law* to inspect all checked baggage. As part of this process, some bags are opened and physically inspected. Your bag was among those selected for physical inspection.

During the inspection, your bag and its contents may have been searched for prohibited items. At the completion of the inspection, the contents were returned to your bag.

If the TSA screener was unable to open your bag for inspection because it was locked, the screener may have been forced to break the locks on your bag. TSA sincerely regrets having to do this, however TSA is not liable for damage to your locks resulting from this necessary security precaution.

For packing tips and suggestions on how to secure your baggage during your next trip, please visit:

www.tsa.gov

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact the TSA Contact Center:


Phone: 866.289.9673 (toll free)

Email: TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov

* Section 110(b) of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act of 2001, 49 U.S.C. 44901(c)-(e)


Rev. 6.1.2004   Smart Security Saves Time
"Smart Security Saves Time?" What exactly does this mean? How about "Smart Security Saves Lives?" I guess it's better than "Dumb Security Wastes Time"...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.