The month in the hebrew calendar for the celebration of
PESACH (Nissan 15) - 8 days - commemorates the Exodus from Egypt, from slavery to freedom
  • remove from house and do not eat or possess chometz (all food and drink made from wheat, barley, rye, oats, spelt, or their derivatives) - through a rabbi, sell it to a non-Jew
  • search for and burn chometz
  • eat matzoh (unleavened bread)
  • conduct a seder on the first two nights
  • Sefirat Ha'Omer - the Counting of the Omer begins on the second night; we count 49 days and the next day is Shavuot
  • 2ND DAY OF PESACH (Nissan 16)
    1st intermediate day of Pesach(Nissan 17)
    2nd intermediate day of Pesach(Nissan 18)
    3rd intermediate day of Pesach(Nissan 19)
    4th intermediate day of Pesach(Nissan 20)
    7TH DAY OF PESACH (Nissan 21)
    8TH DAY OF PESACH - YIZKOR (Nissan 22)

    (see also Passover)

    Nissan Motor Company is one of the world's most prestigious Japanese automobile manufacturers, producing quality cars such as the Gloria, 350Z, and Maxima. As the company name implies, Nissan is not just in the automobile business, also manufacturing marine engines, construction machinery, and even rocket engines -- Japan's first artificial satellite was put into orbit with a Nissan-designed and manufactured rocket system.

    Nissan was originally established as the Jidosha Seizo Company in Yokohama, Japan, after a merger between Nihon Sangyo Co. and Tobata Imono Co., in 1933. In May of 1934 the company decided to change its name to Nissan Motor Company (the Nissan stemming from Nihon Sangyo), later becoming Nissan Heavy Industries for a five-year stint after World War II. Tobata Imono Co. had previously merged with an automobile company called Kwaishinsha Co., which had produced a popular car called the Dat Car in 1914, and were at the time of the merger, building a successor. The first "son of Dat", or Datsun cars, were produced in April of 1935, and sold domestically and exported to Australia.

    Nissan has expanded its operations across the world, having opened Nissan North America in 1960, and Nissan Motor Manufacturing Co. in Australia in 1976 and in the UK in 1984. Nissan also sells its more luxurious models in North America under the Infiniti brand name. The company currently has a close business relationship with French automaker Renault, and the two companies share assembly plants and technologies frequently.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.