A television series broadcast by NBC. Night Gallery was aired from 1970 to 1973.

Anthology suspense/horror/science fiction programs have often found success over the years on television. The most famous of these shows is The Twilight Zone though early on in television The Outer Limits also had a large following. Similarly, Alfred Hitchcock Presents was an anthology show that did well, thanks to its dark storylines.

As the 1970's began, NBC looked back to some of these early successes and came out with a new anthology show" Night Gallery. The show ran an hour in length and was hosted by a familiar face to fans of this genre, Rod Serling. Serling was the creator, host, and creative force behind The Twilight Zone and once again was involved behind the scenes in this show.

The show was set in an imaginary art gallery with odd paintings that were used as segue points for each of the segments. The show had anywhere from two to four seperate segments in each episodes. Like with The Twilight Zone, many famous or soon-to-be famous people were involved in the short segments. Vincent Price, Joan Crawford, E.G. Marshall, Ray Milland, Orson Welles, and others appeared in various episodes. Stories were taken from different writers and even brought in the works of H.P. Lovecraft (my first actual memory of references to the Cthulhu was from a Night Gallery bit with Carl Reiner of all people) and Edgar Allan Poe.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.