Nations often designate worthwhile items of cultural heritage or physical resource to be a "national treasure".

Ideally this means that people are then paid to preserve it and ensure that it remains a treasure for future generations as well.

In the country I live in we tend to go for works of art and countryside that exhibits great natural beauty.

I can't comment what it is for other places in the world, because I haven't visited many other places, but I can say that sometimes national treasures are alive...

What does your nation consider to be a treasure?

National Treasure - The Movie

Gist:
Our Founding Fathers in junction with the Masons hid the largest treasure in the world and left clues on the dollar bill, the Capital city's location, and the back of the Declaration of Independence which is believed to have had an invisible map scribed.

Ploy:
Actor Sean Bean as Ian Howe, once in partnership with Mr. Gates in the search for the treasure, now is racing to find it first by attempting the theft of the Declaration of Independence. The remainder of the movie is the continuing finding of clues until the treasure is found...

From the Official Website:
Trivia: The movie suggests that something is written on the back of the Declaration of Independence. It is true that something is written on its back. The writing on the back of the Declaration of Independence reads: "Original Declaration of Independence dated 4th July 1776" and it appears on the bottom of the document, upside down. While no one knows for certain who wrote it, it is known that early in its life, the large parchment document (it measures 29¾ inches by 24½ inches) was rolled up for storage. So, it is likely that the notation was added simply as a label.

Sponsored by Walt Disney Pictures.


Corky lines:
"The dollar bill is trying to tell me something." (Only existed in the trailer)
"Somebody has to go to jail."
"(We're not treasure hunters, we're treasure protectors)."

Do I dare suggest that the Holly Wood agenda sets up for Patriot Act II? From the book "Everything You Know Is Wrong," Dean Devlin, the writer and producer of Independence Day, told the Pentagon: "If this doesn't make every boy in the country want to fly a fighter jet, I'll eat this script." Similarly National Treasure was meant to "put the American faith back into our Founding Fathers." Though my friend retorted that with, "Our Founding Fathers were not treasure hunters, hoarders, or masterminds. Nope - they were old men who had so much intellect they had to share it with the world."


Trailer:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/national_treasure/
Official Website:
http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/nationaltreasure/splash.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.