A comedy released in 1997, Vegas Vacation was directed by Stephen Kessler. It was written by Elisa Bell and Bob Ducsay. The cast includes Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Randy Quaid, Ethan Embry, Marisol Nichols, Miriam Flynn, Wayne Newton, Siegfried and Roy, Sid Caeser, Shae D'Lyn, Wallace Shawn, and more.

This time the Griswolds are on a roll

The Griswold family are embarking again on another trip again with the lofty goal of bring the family closer together. This time they are headed to Las Vegas where Clark (Chevy Chase) and Ellen (Beverly D'Angelo) can renew their vows. It just so happens that Cousin Eddie (Randy Quaid) and family have moved to a little spot just outside Vegas. Clark has the additional goal of making a little money in the casinos. Ellen wants to see some of the Vegas shows. The kids just want to go off on their own and experience Las Vegas. They all get what they want on "Alone Day". Audrey (Marisol Nichols) hangs out with Cousin Vicki (Shae D'Lyn). Cousin Vicki, daughter of Cousin Eddie, is a Vegas dancer and shows Audrey some of the wild side of Vegas. Rusty (Ethan Embry) finds a fake ID and becomes Nick Papagorgio a software developer from Humus. He proceeds to try out a little underage gambling. Meanwhile Ellen is getting hit on by Wayne Newton and Clark is taken to the dirt casino by Cousin Eddie where you can play "War", "Rock, Paper, Scissors", and "Guess what number I'm thinking of" all for money.

This installment of the Vacation series is better than European Vacation, but not as good as the other two. There is definitely some humorous parts usually involving Cousin Eddie, Marty the Blackjack Dealer (Wallace Shawn), or Rusty. It is an adequate addition to the series.

Preceded by: National Lampoon's Vacation, National Lampoon's European Vacation, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.