The National Inventors Hall of Fame
(United States of America)

The National Inventors Hall of Fame (Referred to hereafter as the NIHF) is intended to commemorate and celebrate the spirit of the great inventors of our nation. Established in 1973 by the National Council of Patent Law Associations, now the National Council of Intellectual Property Law Associations, and the Patent and Trademark Office of the United States Department of Commerce, the NIHF honors inventors and brings public recognition to them and their contributions to the nation's welfare. In 1995, with the opening of the National Inventors Hall of Fame at Inventure Place, that vision manifests itself in a "world class facility" that is a permanent memorial to the great inventors of all time.

In its voting, the Selection Committee considers whether the invention of the nominee is covered by a United States Patent, the contribution of the invention to the nation's welfare, and the extent to which it promotes the progress of science and useful arts. Inventors selected for induction are honored annually at a ceremony held in Akron, Ohio. Recent inductees (as of the year 2001 A.D.) include Steve Wozniak, Walt Disney, and Alfred Nobel.


If you are interested in assisting the continued growth of The Hall of Fame, your contribution will be welcome and should be addressed to:

National Inventors Hall of Fame
221 S. Broadway Street
Akron, Ohio 44308-1505.

For additional information, call 1-800-968-IDEA.


References:

Website: The National Inventors Hall of Fame (http://www.invent.org)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.