Also the name of the extremely cheap and tacky so-called 'newspaper' (it refers to world events as "Boring, but important"). It's actually a lot more like a written infomercial. It's given away for free at railway stations in Melbourne. However, although it has little more than sensationalist headlines, it's fairly popular (probably) because there is very little to do on a long train ride. Similar to the AOL CDs of newspapers here in Melbourne.
Useful to grab if you don't have an umbrella with you, and you need something to cover your head to duck accross the street on a rainy day.

Band: Deftones
Album: Around the Fur
Track: 10
Title: MX

you're so sweet
your smile, your pussy, and your bones
you're on fire
you move me
like music with your style

let me think
           think about what?
about girls
           and what else?
and money, and new clothes
           and what do i get?
thirty nights
           uh huh
of violence
           yeah
and sugar to love

closer to the lung
shove her over railing

you're sweet
but im tired
of proving this love
see you're a bore
but you move me
like a movie
that you love

let me think
           think about what?
about girls
           and what else?
and money, and new clothes
           and what do i get?
thirty nights
           uh huh
of violence
           yeah
and sugar to love

closer to the lung
shove her over railing

let me think
           think about what?
about girls
           and what else?
and money, and new clothes
           and what do i get?
thirty nights
           uh huh
of violence
           yeah
and sugar to love

closer to the lung
closer to the lung
shove her over railing


I have to say that on the whole, I didn't think Around the Fur was much to write home about, but this track is its saving grace. This song creeps me out like no other. For starters, it alternates a really heavy (and simple and slightly cliched, for that matter) riff with some of the softest, most melodic, and definitely most melancholy singing Chino has ever done. See all the spaced over phrases in the chorus? That's spoken by some girl, and the way its said sounds very much in control. This is incredibly creepy - go listen to the song, you'll see what I mean. I have no idea what the intended meaning of the song is, but art is a two-way street, and here's my own interpretation: the first person is a geek-type guy with a controlling girlfriend who keeps him on a very short leash. He hates the relationship and wants to get out, any way possible, even fantasizing about shoving her over a railing, but just can't work up the balls to end it, and he just keeps fantasizing and building up hate. Like I said, it creeps the hell out of me.

Apparently I'm CST Approved. Woot.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.