Another name for Mother Earth. This lovely lady comes from the same venue as Kore,Diana, Artemis, Gaia/Gaea, etc. Sometimes shown similar to the Fates in having three aspects: maiden, mother, and crone. It is the feminine aspect of the creator that appeals to some neopagans. Mother Earth is Gaia is the Great Spirit is Allah is JHVH is God is Brahman, only in female form. Well, more or less anyways. The Divine Creator and Muse. Gaea is also the principal character in the fifth book of Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality. According to the Gaia Theory. Some would say a rather cancerous part.

Mother Earth often symbolizes the fertile and nurturing aspects of life. And yet, while always described as immensely powerful, I can think of no description of Mother Earth as vengeful or destructive, except perhaps when one of her own is threatened.

The Smurfs often visited Mother Earth, who was married to Father Time. Mother Earth is similar to, but not the same as the Universal Mother Goddess.

I saw/heard Mother Nature in action the other day. I was getting ready to go to work, and looked out our back window - we're in a foresty/woody area, and there are usually squirrels in the back garden. No squirrels that morning, but suddenly I saw a fox run across the grass - I was really surprised, and called Jo in to see, but the fox had already gone. We smiled, and basked in the glory of Mother Nature.

When we left the house, we heard the fox bark, and then there was the sudden, umistakeable sound of a crow screeching in agonising pain. The screech suddenly stopped, cut off mid-voice, and all was quiet again. We stood there looking at each other, our smiles in pieces on the ground. Mother Nature, in all her fragile beauty...

Ah! What a cute widdle foxie-woxie!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.