Monte Cazzazza is probably best known as the originator of the term "industrial" to describe a genre of music. As a friend of Genesis P-Orridge, frontman of Throbbing Gristle, Monte coined the phrase, "Industrial music for industrial people", as a joke; perhaps as a comment on corporate rock and the way records seemed to be produced in factories. This phrase became the basis for P-Orridge’s "Industrial Records" label, which would come to carry such industrial pioneers as Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, ClockDVA, SPK and Monte Cazzazza himself.

Monte created a reputation for himself by his crude behavior, ant-establishment antics and his predilections for pornography and gore. He was kicked out of the College of Arts and Crafts in Oakland where he created a cement "waterfall" down one of the main hallways. He attended the school for only two days. As another story goes, he burned a dead, partially decomposed cat on a dinner table at an art conference and forced the attendees to endure the stench by having a hired bodyguard block the exit. There are several other legends of Monte Cazzazza that include dead cats or parts of other creatures.

abridged Discography:
To Mom on Mothers Day/Candy Man 1979
Something for Nobody 1980
Monte Cazazza Live 1980
California Babylon 1982
Stairway to Hell 1982
The Worst of... 1992


(discography info found on www.brainwashed.com)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.