An electronic device which accepts several audio sources (microphones, turntables, tape decks, etc.) and allows them to be combined into one audio output under a user's control. Typically they have slide pots or knobs to adjust what amount of each audio source is added ("mixed") into the output.

Mackie makes high-quality mixers with a wide range of number of inputs. Behringer sells cheaper clones of many of Mackie's mixers at a lower cost.

A party where most of the attendees don't know each other at the beginning but hopefully do at the end. Social interaction and the meeting of new people are the point of mixers. Now what you're supposed to do with the new people you've just met depends on the worldliness of the party and the optional presence of alcohol or for recreational use only substances, but friends, dates or one-night mates are the most popular choices.

A bottled liquid found in the grocery store intended to be used with liquor to produce mixed drinks such as the Bloody Mary, Margarita or the Daqueri (to name a few).

The quick and dirty way to produce such drinks if you lack the time, recipies, resources or sobriety to mix them manually.

Mix"er (?), n.

One who, or that which, mixes.

 

© Webster 1913


Mix"er, n.

A person who has social intercourse with others of many sorts; a person viewed as to his casual sociability; -- commonly used with some characterizing adjective; as, a good mixer; a bad mixer. [Colloq. or Slang, U. S.]

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.