I blame this node on Oprah
and Dr. Phil
, who made me cry once again yesterday
Extreme Memories, kay? Memories and more that still bring me to tears... or at least choke me up.
• Having my mother throw furniture at me and then hitting me in a rage when I was 10 because I spilled nail-polish remover. The first of many rages.
• Listening to "Street Spirit" by Radiohead. Anytime.
• My grandfather's funeral, after having years of nightmares of said event before it happened.
• Standing in the garage between my father and first step-mother when I was 12, my step-mother leaving in the van with my brothers, with each parent yelling at me to choose who I wanted to stay with.
• When my first truly good boyfriend I'd been with for a year revealed to me he was in love with someone else. Then he wouldn't let me leave the car and he cried and cried, kissing my shoulder. And all I wanted was to be away from the scene and be angry, at least for a little while.
• The thought of the beauty of my current boyfriend, in all aspects. The realization of a love I feel there of which I never knew I could have the capacity for.
• The beauty of a person when they reveal who they truly are- be it good or bad- which is just so rare.
• When the first agent showed interest in my novel. My dream, since I was practically a toddler, has been to become a novelist.
• Seeing my father cry when I was 13, the first revelation that he was more than just my father. He was human and had weaknesses.
• Limp Bizkit and/or Fred Durst. Existing.
• Oprah and Dr. Phil. Duh. I must stop tuning in. (To the TV, at least.)