Miranda Richardson was born on March 3, 1958 in Lancashire, England. At an early age Richardson was involved in many plays, she left Southport High School for Girls at the age of 17, and was originally planning to become a vet, and also wanted to study English literature in College. But Richardson decided to concentrate on drama and enrolled into Bristol's Old Vic Theater School. She made her screen debut as Ruth Ellis, in Mike Newell's Dance With a Stranger in 1985.

Miranda Richardson has appeared in many theatrical and TV productions, and has worked in films such as The Innocent, and Empire of the Sun. But in 1992, she dazzled critics and audiences in three successive roles that demonstrated her extraordinary versatility: as the depressed London housewife in Enchanted April, as the wife of a Parliament minister in Louis Malle's Damage, and as a cold-blooded IRA terrorist in Neil Jordan's The Crying Game. She has won many awards including the Oscar for Best Actress in Tom & Viv, and a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for The Crying Game.

A stunning actress, Miranda Richardson lives on her own with two of her cats and calls herself a 'loner'. She currently lives in South London.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.