Summer is the perfect time to enjoy cool beverages. Traditional recipes appropriate for this time of year often incorporate fruit; summer-growing herbs; and fairly sweet, decadent foods to celebrate the abundance of summer. This recipe, similar to a very light smoothie, is a wonderful treat for summer gatherings and Beltane and Litha rituals.

Ingredients:

Directions:

Put all ingredients in a blender and combine. (Use a medium setting, and don't blend for long; only until mint is shredded and fruit is blended.) Serve in glasses garnished with more flowering mint.

Notes: The mint I used in making this was not flowering, but grinding up a couple of sprigs still tasted fabulous. Also, don't ignore the garnish! It adds spectacularly to the taste of the drink if there is a little sprig of mint resting on the edge of the glass, because when sipping you'll catch a direct whiff from the garnishing sprig, enhancing the taste.

I have never made this with raspberries, but as far as peaches go I improvised and used three canned peach halves instead of measuring out three ounces. This recipe can easily be doubled.

Yield: 2 servings
Source: Paraphrased from Kathy Brown, Edible Flowers
Use for: Beltane, Litha, any summer celebration

Pagan recipes

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.