Mimi Leder graduated from The American Film Institute in 1975, and began working a few years later as a script supervisor for several TV movies and the series L.A. Law. In 1986, she directed an episode of Crime Story and later directed episodes of L.A. Law. This began a long television directorial career which included four Emmy nominations for her work on China Beach and two more for the ER episode Love's Labor Lost.

In 1997, Leder made her film directorial debut with The Peacemaker. Not only was this her first feature film, it was also the first release from Steven Spielberg's brand new production company, Dreamworks SKG. The film, a fast-paced action flick starring George Clooney and Nicole Kidman, received fairly good reviews and experienced moderate success at the box office.

Mimi is the daughter of independent filmmaker Paul Leder, who died of lung cancer in 1996. She is married to actor Gary Werntz and they have one daughter, Hannah Werntz, who has had cameos in each of Leder's films.

Directorial Filmography:

  1. Still Life - 2001
  2. Pay It Forward - 2000
  3. Sentimental Journey - 1999
  4. Deep Impact - 1998
  5. The Peacemaker - 1997

Filmography from IMDB. Other information compiled from various websites (oddly, there aren't many devoted to Mrs. Leder. A shame.)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.