This was an animated series that was popular around 1993 and 1994.

The show was about a boy named Max whose destiny was to save the world from Skullmaster. The show featured Max fighting with the help of a talking chicken named Virgil and a warrior named Norman. Max travelled everywhere to fight evil in all forms such as aliens from outer space, a demon that took over a statue of Kali in India, a mad scientist named Dr. Zygote who brought dinosaurs back to life, a disgruntled video game maker who transformed into a virus called "Cyberskull", and a skull-raven entity called Talon from the astral plane. (My favorite episode was in two parts called Armageddon. It featured most of the evil beings from the past shows being resurrected and teaming up against Max. I thought it was neat to see Cyberskull virus helping Mayan warriors, and Dr. Zygote teaming up with the living eyeball from a deceased Cyclops.)

The show lasted for about two years, and currently it is not being aired on television. However, the USA network airs the show periodically.

The voice of Max is Richard Moll, also known as, Pinky from Pinky and the Brain. The voice of Skullmaster is Tim Curry from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

At the height of it's popularity, there were several Mighty Max toys such as miniature play sets similar to Polly Pocket and a video game by Ocean of America on Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo.

Episode List:
1. A Bellwether in One's Cap
2. The Brain Suckers Cometh!
3. Snakes & Laddies
4. Day of the Cyclops
5. Let Sleeping Dragons Lie!
6. Rumble in the Jungle
7. The Mother of All Adventures
8. Norman's Conquest
9. Less Than 20,000 Squid Heads Under the Sea
10. Bring Me the Head of Mighty Max
11. Werewolves of Dunneglen
12. Out in the Cold
13. The Max-nificent Seven
14. Pandora's Box (Part 1)
15. Pandora's Box (Part 2)
16. Blood of the Dragon
17. The Missing Linked
18. The Year of the Rat
19. Zygote's Rhythm
20. The Cyberskull Virus
21. Along Came Arachnoid
22. The Axeman Cometh
23. Beetlemania
24. Souls of Talon
25. Tar Wars
26. Clown Without Pity
27. Max vs. Max
28. Cyberskull II: the Next Level
29. Zygote Music
30. Fuath and Beggora
31. Fly by Night
32. The Mommy's Hand
33. I, Warmonger
34. Dawn of the Conqueror
35. Sirius Trouble
36. Armageddon Closer (Part 1)
37. Armageddon Outta Here (Part 2)
38. Scorpio Rising
39. Good Golly Ms. Kali
40. Around the World in Eighty Arms

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.