Broadcast journalist and professional wrestling announcer.

Michael Cole is a native New Yorker and a 1988 graduate of The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University. At Syracuse he did the play-by-play for S-U football and basketball games. After graduating from college, Cole worked in radio news in Albany, New York, and then spent six years at KTRH radio, a CBS affiliate in Houston, Texas.

While in Texas, Cole covered local news at KTRH and traveled around the world for CBS radio. Among the highlights of his career: Coverage of the 51-day Branch Davidian standoff in Waco, the Oklahoma City bombing, Hurricane Andrew, the war in Bosnia, Haiti, Mexico's elections, NASA and the space shuttle program, covering the 1992 Presidential campaign trail with Bill Clinton, republican and democratic national conventions and countless other stories which shaped America in the 1990's.

In 1995 Cole moved back to New York to work for WCBS, all-news 88AM and the CBS radio network. While in New York, Cole covered the 1996 presidential campaign, the TWA Flight 800 disaster, The Valu-Jet crash, the Million Man March and other headline stories. In June of 1997, Cole realized his life-long dream to work in the WWF when he was hired as an announcer.

After being the PPV pre-game host, Cole got his big break when Jim Ross fell victim to Bell's Palsy. For six months, Cole was the main play-by-play man for WWF programming, and when JR returned, Cole was given first WWF Sunday Night Heat and then Smackdown to host.

Cole currently hosts WWF Smackdown, is a backstage interviewer on WWF Raw, and present WWF LiveWire, along with international programming. He is responsible for numerous other behind-the-scenes work in the Titan TV Studio.

For storyline purposes, Cole has been soundly beaten up by Stone Cold Steve Austin, as well as being ridiculed by The Rock on a regular basis. Personally, I love Michael Cole. He's just the sort of nice guy the WWF needs to act as a foil for the likes of his Smackdown co-host (and now firm friend off-screen), Tazz.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.