Michael Bolton. We all knew he was a no-talent ass-clown, yet on October 13th, 2003 he presented one of the biggest blunders in the history of pregame blunders during Game 4 of the American League Championship Series at Fenway Park.

After a stirring first pitch, in which Boston Red Sox great former pitcher Luis Tiant threw out the first pitch to the Red Sox's finest catcher, Carlton Fisk, out came Michael Bolton. Bolton, who is good friends with Boston Red Sox owner John Henry took the field in front of a packed house at Fenway Park to sing The Star Spangled Banner.

He received a cool reception, especially after the thunderous roar from the crowd from the first pitch. He then began belting out the Francis Scott Key classic with his Grammy winning voice.

Yet the horror started right after the "and the rocket’s red glare" line, as Bolton, who had been performing professionally for over forty years, couldn't seem to figure out the rest of the lyrics.

His mouth gaped wide open as thirty five thousand fans wondered what the hell was going on. He then, without a single drop of grace, shot his hand skyward and gazed into his palm as time continued going by.

That's right, he had a cheat sheet in his palm!!! Yes, a cheat sheet for the National Anthem!!! After a solid three seconds, Bolton continued from where he left off...yet not without the entire sold out Fenway Park beginning to loudly boo and jeer Bolton. He finished the song with a loud, drawn out "Home of the brave!!!!"

He exited the playing field in a quick, pathetic scammer to a smattering of verbal insult usually saved for when Derek Lowe gives up six unearned runs in two innings.

The Red Sox won the game, yet eventually lost the series.

Michael Bolton is still an ass clown.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.