New Wave rock from down under. Men at Work formed in 1979 in Melbourne, Australia. They toured extensively in Australia, becoming the highest paid unsigned band in the country prior to signing with Columbia in 81. Their first album Business as Usual was released in 82 and it got huge. The singles Who Can It Be Now? and Down Under skyrocketed getting play all over the world. They managed to sustain their popularity through their sophomore album Cargo, but after that they lost it. After extensive touring the band took a long break in 1984 causing Spesier and Rees to leave the band. Two fill-ins were found for the next album Two Hearts, but shortly after that the band broke up. In 1998 Hay and Ham reformed Men at Work to issue a live hits collection Brazil.

The Band:
Colin Hay - lead vocals, guitar
Ron Strykert - guitar, vocals
John Rees(79-84) - bass
Greg Ham - sax, flute, keyboards
Jerry Speiser(79-84) - drums
Albums:
Brazil -- Columbia Records/Legacy Records (1998)
Two Hears -- Columbia Records (1985)
Cargo -- Columbia Records (1983)
Business as Usual -- Columbia Records (1981)
Comps & Boxes:
Definitive Collection -- Sony International (2000)
Contraband: The Best of Men at Work -- Sony Records/Legacy Records (1996)
Business as Usual/Cargo -- Alex Records (1995)
Puttin' in Overtime -- Sony Special Products (1995)
3 CD Box Set -- Alex Records (1992)
EPs
Who Can It Be Now? -- CBS Records (1982)
infomation gathered from allmusic.com and my own weakass memory.

A cool movie from 1990. Written by/directed by/starring Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen, who both play shiftless garbage men, Carl and James. Due to various pranks they pull on their garbage route, their boss Walt assigns them a supervisor, Louis. C and J then accidentally become responsible for murdering a crooked polititian. They try to avoid trouble by stashing the body, which isn't easy with two sneaky power abusing local cops snooping around. So they must seek help from Walt's crazy Vietnam vet brother in law/babysitter, a kidnapped pizza delivery man and Carl's new girlfriend, then laughs follow.

Very chillin soundtrack. Features love, cop humiliation, trash trucks, exploding poop, and misadventures in pizza delivery. Very funny, notable lines include:

Louis Fedders: There are several sacred things in this world that you don't EVER mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries. Now, you just remember that and you'll live a long and healthy life.

Carl and James are playing a trivia game.
Carl Taylor: What does a phrenologist do?
James St. James: Feels and interprets the size of Walt's asshole.

James St. James: What the hell is shooting him in the butt with a pellet gun going to achieve?
Carl Taylor: It allows me to aggravate the situation without actually changing the course of history. It also stings like a bitch.

Hauling trash never looked so fun. The most portable gag from the movie was C and J's patented Golf Clap.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.