It was a dull Memorial Day, which made me feel bad. I am not in favor of a day of enforced somberness, even in memory of fallen soldiers, but I am somewhat dejected whenever a day like this passes with no actual memorial. To hold one privately in your imagination and to hold one publicly is a bummer, so perhaps something other than a holiday would be appropriate. Some kind of small ceremony or pilgrimage that could be taken when the need was felt. I don't know, I just want to do the right thing.

I am over the small depression of last night. Climbing out of that shallow abyss, I start college again tomorrow for the summer to try and get all the credits I need to graduate from this college and move up to somewhere that's a bit more impressive on paper. I'm looking forward to it, now that I know what to expect. I don't know who said it or where, but I remember reading someone saying that college was essentially a hazing rather than an education, and I've decided they were right. But now I know what to expect and I'm on all the right medications, so it should be fine (I hope).

That would make a great node about some kind of super drug experience you triggered to turn yourself into the Ubermensch by taking a whole bunch of unrelated, non-interacting medications and then something harmless (like an apple) and some benign ingredient involved sets off a psychedelic chain-reaction. I don't have rights to the idea. Just saying.

I'm going to try and write here everyday if I can. I've said that more times than I can count, but this is my second day in a row and I'm pretty sure that's a new record. And records are auspicious.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.