Well, this is just great. Went to my computer (well, my primary computer - I'm using my "public console" right now, the computer I let visitors use) about two hours ago to do some writing, and it wouldn't come out of standby. Okay, fine. I've had this happen before. So I press the restart button, and nothing happens. So instead, I hold down the power button til it shuts down.

Now I try to turn it back on. Nothing happens. I mean *nothing* - the power didn't even turn on. I would think that it's the power supply, but what I find particularly odd about this is that it was *just on*. I could understand if it just died in the middle of operation, but for it to stay on til I forced it off doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I considered that it might be a problem with the motherboard or the wires leading from the power buttons to it, but if that were the case then I couldn't have shut it down the way I did, I would have had to disconnect the power. I'm still going to open it up just to check, though.

*Sigh*. I think that power supply has a three-year warranty (it's an Enermax), but even if it does, I'm not sure I can collect on it; I got it used (albeit the original owner only had it for about a month, and I'm not sure if they actually put it in a computer) so I don't have any proof of purchase.

The worst part about paying for a new power supply (aside from the shivers I get from the prospect of having to reconnect all those power cables... the case I have is way too small for all the stuff in there) is that I really need a new computer. Okay, maybe not *need* - this one's a little less than two years old and was top-of-the-line when I built it, and it'd probably run just about anything except Doom III if I put more RAM in it - but considering all the problems I've had with it, I'd really like a new one. But whereas I could really use a new computer, I absolutely need a new{er} car. Preferably one at least a few years younger than I am. A lot of the money I'm getting from my new job is probably going to go to a down payment (or full payment, depending) on one. Much as I hate the fact, my computer's mostly for entertainment, and that's secondary to my need for transportation. (And it would be nice to have a car that gets better than 12 mpg, or whatever this gas guzzler does.)

To add insult to injury, Cox Cable continues to be less reliable than Star Trek chronology, and the CD player in the living room's stereo is, if not broken, then at least badly in need of cleaning, because it won't play anything.

I got a ticket!!!!

But then again I keep thinking in the back of my mind this is why I haven't been driving a car for months (well not unless designated driver) because of tickets!


Guess what the ticket was from driving?!


A riding lawn mower!!!


Note: I live in the country - we don't have a police department, I don't think we have a fire department and barely anyone uses their cars it's all recreational vehicles or horses literally EVERYWHERE.

The deputy-sherriff thought it would be funny to give me some tickets when everyone in the town freaking runs around in golf carts, four wheelers, bigger tractor or what not on the road - of course all of which are also ILLEGAL. First I got a ticket for having the tractor on the berm/grass side of the road with out a license plate, then I got one for arguing with the guy that it's not justice that a kid (under 14) just rode past us on a four wheeler heading towards town and I got the damn ticket! I was livid...my parting words were.


I don't know who you think you are pal - but you'll remember me as the biggest thorn in your side in your entire life!

He threatened to arrest me - I just rode off waving my hand yelling fuck you dude.


For those of you who don't know me - I'm a very quiet, kind hearted animal loving person - I wouldn't hurt the annoying fly in the house I would find a way to put him outside even if it meant chasing him all day. I am not this way - only towards people in the town who think they're the shit. I just moved here and all we've gotten since has been hassles when millions of others who've lived here for years (ex. putting a sign in our front yard no one else is zoned for one but us on the street now and there's at least 10 other business signs around!)

deep breath Now I feel better for ranting - court is in a week, this will be interesting I'm going to drag out and air out the entire citys laundry!

About ten years ago, I received a big fancy air compressor for my birthday. Since then I've been storing it and moving it from place, always with the intention of using it, but never actually doing so. Yesterday I gave it to my neighbor, who is the sort who actually uses such things. I'm sure it will be much happier in its new home.

Last night, while Amelia (22 months old) and I were playing in the sink, she got it into her head that she needed to wash my face. She use a sponge, and was very gentle and quite thorough. I guess you had to be there, but it was really cute.

We wanted to scramble the last couple of eggs in the fridge, but they were stuck in the carton. When we held the carton over the pan, and cracked the eggs, they still didn't come out, on account of they were frozen. After a very unappetizing process of getting the edible part of the egg into the pan, everything cooked up just fine.

The wind has really been something atrocious these past few days. During a big storm, such winds wouldn't be out of place, but I'm not accustomed to such strong winds all day long when it's bright and sunny out.

I think I get to buy a big extension ladder tomorrow. A few weeks ago one of our downspouts came loose from it's connection at the top, and we don't have a ladder big enough to reach it (nor do any of our immediate neighbors). As usual, Sam's Club has the best choice; far fewer choices than Lowe's or Home Depot, but a better ladder (in the 24' heavy duty category) for a lower price. Ruth Anne talked to somebody yesterday who can come and do it for us, but he has a $50 minimum, which seems excessive for a two minute job.

In my great iTunes project, I got to the part where I have all my dance music, and I'm not sure what to do. I've got around 66 CD's in this category, including several that were specially burned for one performance or another. Do I just rip it all mindlessly and sort it out later, or do I try to do something intelligent? For the moment, I'm just skipping that part. I also hit another snag when I realized I've got another 36 CD's that aren't yet put into case logic cases. Then I got slightly further behind because, while at Sam's Club, a 3-CD The Monkees All-Time favorites collection leapt into my basket.

Current iTunes status : 4244 songs, 9.3 days, 12.95 GB. That represents 3190 recently re-ripped at in AAC and 1054 older ones in MP3. That leaves 678 megabytes that I can reclaim by moving the remaining 160 Kbs MP3's to 128 Kbs AAC's. 678 megabytes equates to 12 hours at 128 Kbs.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.