Mary Mayo Hall is the oldest residence hall on the campus of Michigan State University.
It is named after Mary Mayo, a pioneer woman born around the turn of the century in Calhoun County, MI. She was an advocate for women's rights and education.

After being closed for the past school year for renovations, Mayo has emerged completely remodeled and is once again housing residents. It is also rumored that the building is haunted by the ghost of Mary Mayo.

Mary Mayo Hall Haunting

It has been stated that a strange presence felt in the basement corridor linking the two wings of this dormitory.

A female figure has seen in the west lounge, near the piano, said to be Mary Mayo herself.

There is a "Red Room" on fourth floor, it was allegedly used by students in quasi-Satanic rituals, a window can be seen from the third floor gable room to the locked room on the fourth floor.

Corey Becker, a former Mayo resident and a member of the Mayo Hall Ghost Hunting Squad on the basement said, "We did get access to every room in the basement one night. A manager let us into all of them. Most of them are just dusty storage rooms." Mr. Becker also spoke of the 'Red Room', "It was kind of disappointing. We had always heard something crazy about how someone hung themselves up there. It was an attic with catwalks, fans, some writing on the walls about partying during Halloween."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.