MARK J. GERAGOS

Areas of Practice: Criminal Law
Year Admitted To Practice: 1983
Law School: Loyola Marymount University
College: Haverford College
E-mail Address: geragos@geragos.com

Mark Geragos, a Loyola Law School and Haverford College graduate presently serves as the managing partner of the preeminent, twelve lawyer boutique law firm of Geragos and Geragos, headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Geragos, who practices as a criminal trial lawyer in both Federal and State Courts, has represented dozens of prominent clients. His client roster includes some of the more prominent figures in politics, entertainment and business; such as former Los Angeles City Councilman Art Snyder - whose case Geragos argued before the California Supreme Court. He also won a dismissal of all felony kidnapping, arson and criminal threats charges against hip hop star, Nathaniel Hale aka Nate Dogg, recently convinced a Los Angeles Judge to set aside a 10 year old conviction against Homies Unidos founder Alex Sanchez which freed Sanchez from Federal Custody; and won dismissal of all alcohol related counts against former first brother Roger Clinton.

Always breaking ground in the criminal defense arena and consistently setting precedent, Geragos successfully won a dismissal of all sixteen theft counts charged against a woman charged with embezzling millions of dollars from Hebrew Union College. And, the Court of Appeal in Los Angeles agreed with his argument that a minor could not be indicted under Proposition 21 and ordered dismissal of the Special Circumstances murder case. Geragos currently has cases pending before the California Supreme Court.

Geragos cemented his national reputation as a top notch jury trial lawyer with back to back acquittals for renown Whitewater figure Susan McDougal, the former business partner of President William Jefferson Clinton. In early 2001, Geragos was successful in obtaining a Presidential Pardon for Ms. McDougal.

Mark Geragos has appeared as both guest and legal commentator on the Today Show, Good Morning America, Dateline NBC, Larry King Live and MSNBC’s Hardball. Mark is a regular fixture on CNBC’s Rivera Live and CNN’s Burden of Proof. The legal newspaper, the Los Angeles Daily Journal, describes Mark Geragos as “arguably the hottest defense lawyer of the moment” while Investor’s Business Daily tabbed him one of the best white collar criminal defense lawyers in California. The Los Angeles Criminal Courts Bar Association has named him “Trial Lawyer of the Year.” The Los Angeles Times described Mark Geragos as “seemingly unbeatable” and the California Law Business Magazine named Geragos as one of 100 Most Influential Attorneys in California.

Taking his commitment to mass media as a platform to raise and discuss the burning issues of the day one step further, Geragos launched an internet based television broadcasting network MagnaBand.net. One of the only networks of its kind in the United States, Geragos provides an opportunity for the legal community and the public to speak to Constitutional issues on TheJusticeSystem.net. He also provides broadcasting platforms in the political arena on VoteAcrossAmerica.com and; alongside of the Chicago Stock Exchange in the financial arena on ItsAboutFinance.com.



Source: http://www.geragos.com/our_attorneys-mark_j_geragos.php

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.