Marc Lepine was a troubled lad. Born on October 26, 1964, Marc had over the years grown to develop an obsessive compulsion with war and violence. He had attempted to enlist in the Canadian Forces, but had been rejected for his mental instability. His neighbours complained about the volume that he kept his TV at as he watched war films almost constantly. Then there was also the skull he kept on his shelf. Marc also hated women, because for the most part they disliked and avoided him. The reasons behind that aren’t too hard to grok, his violent unstable nature, and bitterness built up from previous relations with women was generally not conducive to a healthy relationship. He became even more unstable as the rejection piled on, from women around him, from the University of Montreal, where he had applied to teach Engineering, and from the Canadian Forces that he admired. As time went on, his attitudes merely got worse, and as a result women avoid him even more, making his attitudes worse. Positive Feedback and all.

He didn’t have many girlfriends, and they didn’t stick around long. However, his last girlfriend got pregnant. Marc liked the idea, because if she was having his child she’d be forced to stay with him. She, on the other hand, had other ideas, and insisted upon getting an abortion.

Now this really pissed off Marc. It was the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back. So, he took the next logical step, and decided to take it out upon the people who are obviously responsible. Those evil evil feminists.

So, on December 6th, 1989, Lepine burst into the L'Ecole Polytechnique armed with a semi-automatic rifle. He went into one class, telling them to stop what they were doing, and to split up, women on one side, men on the other. He shouted, telling them that he was there to fight feminism, and then opened fire on the women, killing 6 of them, and wounding three others.

He ran out of the room, firing at men only when they tried to intervene. He reloaded his rifle, and fired at more women on his way to another room, killing four more. He entered another room, and fired at more women, killing three outright, wounding others. He finished off another woman with a hunting knife. Then he blasted his baseball cap off, along with most of the top of his skull.

In total he killed 14 women that day, injured 8 others, and 4 men who tried to stop him. All of the women killed were studying Engineering. They were killed for daring to study a man's course. The Montreal Massacre is the worst act of violence to ever happen on a Canadian University Campus. The names of his victims are:

  • Genevieve Bergeron
  • Helene Colgan
  • Nathalie Croteau
  • Barbara Daigneault
  • Anne-Marie Edward
  • Maud Haviernick
  • Barbara Marie Klueznick
  • Maryse Laganiere
  • Maryse Leclair
  • Anne-Marie Lemay
  • Sonia Pelletier
  • Michele Richard
  • Annie St. Arneault
  • Annie Turcotte
In his pocket was found a suicide note.
"Forgive the mistakes, I only had 15 minutes to write this.
See also Annex.

Please note that if I am committing suicide today 89/12/06 it is not for economic reasons (for I have waited until I exhausted all my financial means, even refusing jobs) but for political reasons. For I have decided to send Ad Patres (LATIN FOR "TO THE FATHERS") the feminists who have ruined my life. It has been seven years that life does not bring me any joy and being totally blasé, I have decided to put an end to those viragos. I had already tried as a youth to enlist in the (CANADIAN ARMED) Forces as an officer cadet, which would have allowed me to enter the arsenal and precede Lortie in a rampage (REFERENCE TO AN EARLIER MASS KILLING IN QUEBEC, IN 1984). They refused me because of asociality. So I waited until this day to carry out all my projects. In between, I continued my studies in a haphazard way for they never really interested me, knowing in advance my fate. Which did not prevent me from obtaining very good marks despite not handing in my theory assignments and studying little before exams.

Even though the Mad Killer epithet will be attributed to me by the media, I consider myself a rational and erudite person that only the arrival of the Grim Reaper has forced to undertake extreme acts. For why persevere in existing if it is only to please the government? Being rather retrograde by nature (except for science), the feminists always have a talent for enraging me. They want to retain the advantages of being women (e.g. cheaper insurance, extended maternity leave preceded by a preventive leave) while trying to grab those of the men. Thus, it is self-evident that if the Olympic Games removed the Men/Women distinction, there would be only be women in the graceful events. So the feminists are not fighting to remove that barrier. They are so opportunistic that they neglect to profit from the knowledge accumulated by men throughout the ages. They always try to misrepresent them every time they can. Thus, the other day, people were honouring the Canadian men and women who fought at the frontlines during the world wars. How does this sit with the fact that women were not authorized to go to the frontline at the time??? Will we hear of Caesar's female legions and female galley slaves who of course took up 50 per cent of history's ranks, although they never existed? A real Casus Belli.

Sorry for this too brief letter."

(This was followed by a 19-name hit list of various Quebec women having achieved some advances in traditionally male professions: accountancy, journalism, labor organizing, sportscasting, firefighting, police work, etc., with the following note at the bottom:)

"Nearly died today. The lack of time (because I started too late) has allowed those radical feminists to survive."

Alea Jacta EST." (LATIN FOR: THE DIE ARE CAST.)

Every year on campuses across the country, there are ceremonies held to commemorate the victims, and to urge for a stop to violence against women. Today (The day I submitted this writeup) will be the 12th anniversary of the Montreal Massacre. This is quite a worthy cause. However, some of the time the rhetoric is a bit too much. Some extreme feminists seem to be using this tragedy to justify condemning all men, comparing us all to Lepine. And yea gods I’m going to get downvoted for pointing that out. Of course, not all feminists do that, not by far. The vast majority are quite reasonable folk who realize that most men are, instead of being the enemy, supportive of their cause.

Sources:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/4077/lepine.html
www.fortunecity.com/roswell/hammer/73/lepine.html
http://www.howdyneighbor.com/one-in-ten/FEMINISTmassacre.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.