Built by Conn Smythe in 5 1/2 months during The Great Depression on land acquired from Eaton's. Workers were paid with Gardens stock. Home of the first professional NBA game between the New York Knickerbockers and the Toronto Huskies. Home to the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs from 1931 until February 13, 1999 when it was replaced by the Air Canada Centre.
A multi-use facility, located on the corner of Toronto's Carleton and Church streets near the College subway station. The building is destined for the scrap pile as the land is valuable and destined for condos.