These have to be the gooiest
cookies I have ever run across. Oh, and they're DAMN good! Why are you still sitting there
???. GOOOOO....BAKKKKKE!!!.... NOWWW!!!
Chocolate Malted Cookies
yields: approx. 3 dozen
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter flavored Crisco, or other butter flavored vegetable shortening
1 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup Ovaltine, or other malted milk powder
2 tbsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl combine shortening, brown sugar, Ovaltine, chocolate syrup and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes then add egg and beat till well combined.
4. Gradually, add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mixing well between additions.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place onto cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool at least 2 minutes on sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool.