The M27 is a motorway
in the South of England
. It runs about 10 miles inland of the the South coast for roughly the entire length of the Isle of Wight
The A31 becomes the M27 at Junction 1 (its eastern end) near the New Forest in Dorset.
It terminates when it joins the A27 heading east at Junction 12 in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Now, I shall enumerate its junctions...
- Southampton (and West Quay shopping center) via M271, Romsey.
- The M3 going North
- Eastleigh Airport
- There is no Junction 6 . Seriously. Presumably the exit might one day be added? It's not unusual to have 'missing' exits on Motorways.
- Hedge End (big Marks and Spencers and Sainsburys on the left)
- Bursledon (big Tesco on the exit roundabout)
- Locks Heath
- Fareham (On only going West. Off only going East)
- Fareham and Gosport
The M27 is infamous for having many miles of noisy concrete surface and poor drainage
. This was partially resolved in 2000, when a long (and, at £
9.5 million, expensive) resurfacing between junctions 8 and 10 was undertaken.