Second city of France.
Source of many of the worlds great foods including all those ones that start or end lyonaise , like potato lyonaise , lyonaise sauce.

Contains many good pubs and bars as well as places to eat.

Not a place to go clubbing in since the scene is very bad. They still haven't got beyond techno when everyone else is changing the beats

Still, you can find yourself just starting to make your way home on Saturday morning at 10am, which can't be bad.

Referred to as the city of two rivers

There was a stupid superstition about Lyon. Some Nostradamus interpreter tought that, in one of his quatrains, he was referring to Lyon as the city of two rivers. I don't have the time to dabble in such bullshit, but as an update I note that the Wikipedia page for Avignon says:

On 8 July 2008 waste containing unenriched uranium leaked into two rivers from a nuclear plant in southern France. Some 30,000 L (7,925 gallons) of solution containing 12 g of uranium per litre spilled from an overflowing reservoir at the facility - which handles liquids contaminated by uranium - into the ground and into the Gaffiere and Lauzon rivers. The authorities kept this a secret from public for 12 hours, but then committed a statement prohibiting from swimming and fishing in the Gaffiere and Lauzon rivers. However, the situation there is now safe.

Also, my copy of The New Inquisition: Irrational Rationalism and the Citadel of Science goes to the extent of making the claim that in 30th August 1921 a wolf-headed child was born in Avignon and died after 5 days. According to the law of fives, this proves radioactivity travels backward in time. Then again, maybe it does not.

The second part of the "joke" is that the interpreter predicted pope John Paul II would be murdered there, at 13 december 1999. That is bullshit also, everybody knows he was to be killed in Brazil. Sirius. Zappalin! Source: http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/brazil.html

In a very unfunny note, Klaus Barbie, the butcher of Lyon, eluded capture for 33 years because he had ties to American Intelligence, namely the CIC. He was aided by a croatian priest, who ran a ratline providing Red Cross passports in exchange for money. No mention of ODESSA. Reported by Maureen Dowd, Time. Source: http://www.amatriz.com/home/barbie.jpg (in portuguese)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.