A character in C.S. Lewis' series The Chronicles of Narnia, Lucy is in many ways the heart of Lewis' allegory. Along with her brother Edmund Lucy appears in the most books in the series (5), and it is through Lucy's eyes that Lewis most deeply explores the relationship of Aslan to His followers. Lucy was the youngest of the four Pevensie siblings (Edmund, Peter, and Susan were the others) who passed from our world to become Kings and Queens of another land.

Lucy was the first of her brothers and sisters to discover the magical gateway to the land of Narnia in a wardrobe in Professor Digory Kirke's old English house. There she met and befriended the Faun Tumnus who told her of the White Witch's cruel reign over the land. Her siblings eventually joined her in Narnia and put an end to the Witch. In the process, Lucy and Susan witnessed Aslan's murder at the Witch's hands and His resurrection. With the Witch's defeat, the four children were named Kings and Queens of Narnia and reigned for many years until they returned (at their original ages) to England (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe). During her reign, Queen Lucy accompanied King Edmund into battle against Prince Rabadash in Archenland (The Horse and His Boy).

Lucy and the others found themselves called back to Narnia a thousand years in its future to save the Talking Beasts and put King Caspian in his rightful place on the throne. Aslan appeared first to her, guiding them all to safety from the Telmarines (Prince Caspian). A year later, she and Edmund returned to Narnia to accompany Caspian on his voyage to the World's End (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader). At that time, Aslan told Lucy this would be her last visit to Narnia:

"You are too old, children," said Aslan, "and you must begin to come close to your own world now."

"It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"

"But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.

"Are -- are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.

"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

Years later Lucy and the other Friends of Narnia were visited by an apparition of King Tirian, last of the Narnian kings. While seeking a way back to Narnia, she and the others fell victim to a terrible rail accident. They found themselves transported to a more real, more perfect Narnia, and spent eternity in Aslan's company (The Last Battle).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.