January, 1994

Dear Ryan,

I miss you, I miss you, I miss you! Jesus, if I would have known this town would be so cold in the winter I'm not sure I would have moved here. I've been working at this pizza parlor down on the main strip. It sucks. But hey, it's better than being jobless. And you should know. Listen, you have to call me. (I would call you but I can't afford the bill.) I should be home everynight by 8. All day on Sunday.

Love,

Ξ   Ξ   Ξ     Ξ   Ξ   Ξ



August, 1996

Dear Adam,

Where have you been? I sat all night outside your apartment but you never showed. The point is I wanted to see you before I left because I wanted to tell you that I think I'm in love with you and I wanted you to say, "Yes, yes I am in love with you too, please don't leave" and then I would have a reason to stay. But you never showed and I'm about to be late for my train, so I guess this is it, a folded up piece of paper slipped under your door.

Love,

Ξ   Ξ   Ξ     Ξ   Ξ   Ξ



May, 1997

Josh,

I will not put the dear in front of your name, dude. Look, thanks for taking me in these last couple months. I've really appreciated it. I know you wanted to see me before I left but I just couldn't bare to see you. (Yes, the truth is as you suspect, I would never want you to see me cry) Someday I will be back, and when I come I will call you and I will tell you of all these things I've seen, so please make sure to answer. If you are ever in New York, look me up. I'll come rushing to see you. Deal? Deal.

Love,

Ξ   Ξ   Ξ     Ξ   Ξ   Ξ



April 1999

Dear Michael Mike,

Man, am I the only one that calls you by your real name still? It had been so long since I had seen you that this last year went by too fast. We lost the war, Mike. I guess that's okay, I mean we're still here right? Theres this place I heard about and I think you might like it. Supposedly they've got a lot of open positions for teachers, with good starting pay so it's worth your while. Just go, you'll love it, I think I can promise. Look, I'll be back in November if you're still here, but I hope your not. That is not a bad thing. I love you always and forever and if there is one person I hope I never lose contact with, it is you.

Love,

Ξ   Ξ   Ξ     Ξ   Ξ   Ξ



November 1999

Dear Alan,

I have never been sure that you knew just how much you mean to me. So I will put it in words, ink and paper, so that I know you have the option to keep it forever if you want. You mean the world to me, Al. Meeting you was like a blessing and six months was not enough time to spend. If I could avoid leaving this place, I would, most definately. But I would not change one moment of the time I spent with you and someday forty years from now, I will still be thinking about it. Thank you so much for inviting me into your life. I love you as much as I can in this moment.

Love,

Ξ   Ξ   Ξ     Ξ   Ξ   Ξ



January 2002

Dear Jacob,

This letter is long overdue. I got your letter back in November but I've barely had time to sit down and eat let alone try to write you a reply. Yes, I would love to come and see you in the fall. Get back to me on the plans and I'll see you then.

Love,

Ξ   Ξ   Ξ     Ξ   Ξ   Ξ



January 2003

Dear Jacob,

You left this morning before I was awake. Hope you ate some breakfast. If I'm not home tonight by the time you get back, order some Chinese. I'll see you then.

Love,

Ξ   Ξ   Ξ     Ξ   Ξ   Ξ



March 2004

Dear Jacob,

Yes.
I would love to spend the rest of my life with you.

Love,

your future wife

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.