A wonderful little coffee shop in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, that is much more than just a coffee shop. It is an art gallery, a concert venue, and a meeting place for many local groups. Purveyors of a rotating selection of daily blends and a mind-boggling selection of loose teas, as well specialty coffee drinks and baked goods by local food artisans. This is no ordinary trendy coffee shop: it is great in every way that Starbucks is awful.

Hilights:

  • For coffee, try San Francisco Blend or Lost Dog Blend -- those are my personal favorites.
  • If you want something sweet, order a café mocha -- the number of chocolate powders and syrups and whipped cream that go into this creation: it's amazing.
  • The biscotti are not to be missed.
  • The baristas are something else. Son of, and the lady who owns the building (from whom I rented an apartment above), are pieces of work, believe me.

Can you imagine what it was like waking up each morning to the smells of the coffe shop downstairs? Grabbing a mocha or a cup of S.F. on my way to work accross the street? To know any moment I needed refulling that this little bit of heaven was mere steps away: that was the good life. Lost Dog is the reason I love coffee -- good coffee -- and it pains me to drink the swill Starbucks has the gall to call 'coffee'.

Lost Dog Cafe
304-876-0871
134 E. German St.
Shepherdstown WV 25443

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.