Dear Neil, Hey, Hey, My, My... rock and roll will never die... You would probably be astonished how much your music has woven its way throughout my life. From a concert in New York City at the Fillmore East, where you sang about Ohio, to The Bridge School, to your book WAGING HEAVY PEACE, to life on the road, and reluctant interviews on television.


...In the morning when I wake up and listen to the sound, of the birds outside on the roof, I try to ignore what the paper says, And I try not to read all the news...I admire your ceaseless curiousity, your loves, the honesty of your losses and your Canadian sense of humor.


I've been looking for you, Neil Young, This Note's For You...Ohio is where my husband was born, so he's no Southern Man, but he has a Heart of Gold and is now an Old Man.


...I just want to thank you, For all of the things you've done, Feel like I'm falling, Falling off the face of the earth...


Like you, he loves Lionel trains, but...too much time took away his head, trying to remember what Daddy said...He's a Loner. These days, I tell him...I'll hold you if you had a bad dream, And I hope that it never comes true, 'Cause you and I been through so many things together...


Hey, Neil Young, we tried to teach our children well. Several of them are like Cortez the Killer, but otherwise, one is definitely a Cinnamon Girl; they're all Rockin' in the Free World, more or less.


I'm no Cowgirl in the Sand. Somedays I feel more Like a Hurricane...Run around the same old town, Doesn't mean that much to me, Does it mean that much to you? I've been first and last, Look at how the time goes past...


Long ago, I too saw The Needle and the Damage Done, lost first husband to that...Oh, to live on Sugar Mountain, with the barkers and the colored balloons...I sincerely hope you've kept up your sobriety, Neil.


I've been looking for you in your garage, where Rust Never Sleeps and I get dizzy from the choices on your website. Neil, a gift shop with t-shirts and old posters? You, in your Lincvolt jacket, lecturing about changing the climate with cars. Nice logo, by the way, seriously.


I read your tour schedule and I've always hoped... Someday, if you ever come this way again...it would be great to hear and see you in concert at Carnegie Hall, but Neil, the ticket prices are exorbitant...It's a dream, Only a dream, And it's fading away, Just a memory without anywhere to stay...


You see, Neil, my husband blasts your music and weeps down in the basement with his unfinished model railroad layouts, or gets frustrated with so many small things he cannot fix; these days I feel like... Only Love Can Break Your Heart...It's a long road, Behind me, It's a long road ahead, If you follow every dream, You might get lost...


We could take a real train into New York, but I would need our two sons to help me. The cost of the tickets so that my husband could hear and see would break our budget. I guess there will be a DVD I can buy in the future, but that's not the same as being there. My friends tell me, Don't Let It Bring You Down.


Sincerely, a big fan of yours and rust, Long May You Run

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.