In Team Fortress and other online games, a llama is one who gets his enjoyment by ruining others. A newbie is not always a llama. If the newbie tries to learn and become a good player, he is not a llama.

Llamas in TF:

  • spam (toss too many grenades).
  • message spam (Fill the screen with repeated messages)
  • go in the respawn when infected (this spreads the disease)
  • team kill (or if TK is off, they try anyway)
  • take the enemy flag to the respawn and stay there (if team kill is off, they cannot be killed and thus your team cannot score)
  • are 31337
  • have the name player, (1)player, (2)player, and so on. (they can't even figure out how to change their name)
Llamas are evil creatures and hopefully there is a server admin around to kick them.

A large, fuzzy quadruped related to the camel and native to South America. They are quiet, friendly, and really extraordinarily fuzzy. Besides being used as pack animals, they are also raised for their wool, which is combed off of them rather than being sheared like a sheep's is. (That's how fuzzy they are.)

Llamas are well-known to alumni of Simon's Rock College. There is a llama farm down the road from the college, and in the spring the wind brings the smell of freshly thawed llama shit to parts of campus. The student newspaper has once or twice been known as the Llama Digest.

Llamas are also the subject of several Jeff Minter video games.

Did I mention that they're very fuzzy?

Contrary to what the rest the nodes say, the llama is an evil beast, which will quite happily do its very worst to you. Still used as beasts of burden, they will spit an ungodly goo at you at the slightest provocation, ie just standing there. Pronounced 'yama' in their native countries, Websters gets it right when it say 'supposed to be domesticated'.

While true for some llamas, it does not hold for all. A well trained llama will not spit at you, as it is normally reserved for settling disputes amongst llamas themselves. Even the llamas do not like it, and will often give plenty of warning before spitting - ears down, going to ears flat on the head, to raising their snouts into the air, to even giving a warning shot across the bows (using just saliva). If the perpatrator does not take heed then the 'true spit' is used. A vile green substance regurgitated from one of the beasts stomachs, which stinks. It can be fired upto 15 feet. The llamas find this as minging as we do, and often seem to try to breathe through their mouths after either spitting, or being hit.

Lla"ma, n. [Peruv.] Zool.

A South American ruminant (Auchenia llama), allied to the camels, but much smaller and without a hump. It is supposed to be a domesticated variety of the guanaco. It was formerly much used as a beast of burden in the Andes.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.