Republican Senator from Rhode Island

Senator Chafee was born in Warwick, R. I. on March 26, 1953. Lincoln Chafee and his wife, Stephanie, have three children, Louisa, Caleb, and Thea.

Chafee attended Brown University which he graduated from in 1975 with a major in Classics. After college he attended the Montana State University horseshoeing school in Bozeman, Montana, then worked as a farrier at harness racetracks in the United States and Canada.

In 1983 he returned to Rhode Island and worked in manufacturing management. He was a planner at the General Dynamics facility at Quonset Point. He also served as Executive Director of the Northeast Corridor Initiative, a non-profit organization promoting the modernization of rail service throughout the eastern seaboard.

Chafeeā€™s political career started with his election to the Rhode Island Constitutional Convention in 1985. This was followed by two successive terms on the Warwick City Council. In 1992 he became the first republican mayor of Warwick in 32 years. He was re-elected to 3 more terms.

After serving as mayor, Lincoln Chafee was appointed by the Governor of Rhode Island to fill the unexpired term of his father, the late Senator John H. Chafee, in November 1999. In 2000 Chafee was elected to a full term. Chafee serves on the Committee on Environment and Public Works and the Committee on Foreign Relations.

His contact information is:

Website: http://www.senate.gov/~chafee
Address: Senator Chafee
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
Phone Number (202) 224-2921

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.