an original recipe by Chark
This recipe is best made in a 13x9 pan - I like the glass ones. I have tried Raspberry, Orange, Lemon, and Cherry, but I always come back to Lime Jello - it's the best flavor. This is a perfect dessert following any summertime meal - especially when intense flavors are involved. I will warn you, this is devastatingly good, and is responsible for about twenty pounds of weight gain since I began making it.
- Dump the crumbs, the Tbsp sugar, and the melted butter into the 13x9 pan, mix them together and mash them into a nice flat crust
- Mix the package of Jello into the cup of hot water - set it aside to cool
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and set it aside
- Beat the evaporated milk on ultra-high in a big chilled bowl. Keep beating it until it's stiff like whipped cream. Dump in the jello, scrape in the cream cheese mixture, and beat it all together until it's well blended.
- Stick the whole thing in the refrigerator for a few hours until it sets up - serve it chilled, and store it in the refrigerator.