1985 space horror flick from sometimes acclaimed director Tobe Hooper (Poltergeist, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) which can pretty much be summed up as it's UK working title "Vampires from Outer Space".

While sometimes poor on dialog and hit or miss when it comes to special effects, very few movies have managed to get underneath my skin in quite the way Lifeforce does. While the idea of zombies parading around London in the wake of Halley's Comet may not seem the most stunning idea for a movie, Mathilda May's unearthly presence manages to chill me in nearly ever scene she shows up in.

Also stars: Peter Firth, Patrick Stewart

I think this movie is best remembered for Mathilda May walking around the entire movie completely naked. While it did wonders pulling in the barely post-pubescent males, the lighting director and Mathilda actually did wonders with the attitude of the character. At first look, a well-developed completely naked beautiful woman is very attractive, but she did an amazing job with her cold stare and indifferent demeanor to offset the sexual appeal of the physical form. I think it may be the conflicting stimuli that caused the chill in those folks who saw the movie with more than Mathilda's body parts in mind.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.