Jann S. Wenner: I have no more to ask.

John Lennon: Well, fancy that.

Do you have anything to add?

No, I can’t think of anything positive and heartwarming to win your readers over.

Do you have a picture of “When I’m 64”?

No, no. I hope we’re a nice old couple living off the coast of Ireland or something like that, looking at our scrapbook of madness.

Lennon Remembers is a book of the full Lennon Rolling Stone interviews from 1970. John Lennon and Yoko Ono speak with Rolling Stone founder Jann S. Wenner about all kinds of stuff. Like former US president Bill Clinton after leaving office, Lennon is candid and outspoken about his previous occupation. Tabloid-relevant information such as Beatle drug use and his opinion of his former bandmates as well as other musicians.

This book was released in a new edition just in time for Christmas 2000, with a forward by Yoko Ono and with further transcripts from interviews. I don’t think the timing of the re-release is a coincidence, as it was just in time to cash in on the latest wave of Beatle mania taking place in late 2000 early 2001. Most of the hype was generated by the release of the Beatles singles compilation 1, and the insane amount of copies sold. Whatever the motivation was, Lennon is interesting as hell and it is a good read.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.