I always try to play around with and personalise most recipes. When I was treated to my first Lemon Drop Martini, I noted that it tasted like a Margarita. That was due to the triple sec. I began to experiment with the ingredients until I came up with this variation.


1 1/2 ounces lemon flavoured vodka
1/2 ounce limoncello
1 teaspoon caster sugar
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Ice cubes
Caster sugar for dipping
Twisted peel of lemon

Mix the vodka, limoncello, teaspoon of sugar, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice; shake well (the cocktail should be shaken 40 times to make sure the sugar is well blended). Pour strained liquor into chilled sugar-rimmed martini glass and garnish with a lemon twist.

To create a sugar-rimmed glass, take a lemon wedge and rub the drinking surface of the glass so it is barely moist. Dip the edge of the glass into sugar.

Makes 1 serving.

To chill the glasses, place them in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator.

Another interesting variation is to grind lemon drop candy in your mini food processor until it resembles fine grain sugar and use this in place of the caster sugar on the rim.

You may also place one lemon drop candy into the glass.


If you absolutely cannot find limoncello, make your own or substitute Triple Sec.




Note: This conversion table might be helpful if you live in a country which
uses a different system of measure than the United States.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.