Hall of Fame football player for the New York Giants from 1981-1993. "L.T" is considered to be one of the greatest linebackers in history, capable of taking over games with his ability.

Taylor (DOB: 2/4/1959; Williamsburg, Virginia) was drafted 2nd overall in 1981 by the Giants (behind only running back George Rogers), after a standout career at the University of North Carolina.

He made an immediate impact in his rookie season, and was named Defensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive MVP.

Taylor was named to 10 consecutive Pro Bowls from 1982-1991, and added two more Defensive MVPs in 1982 and 1986.

1986 was arguably his finest season, with a career-high 20.5 quarterback sacks (he had 132.5 in his career; not including 9.5 in his 1981 rookie season, because sacks were not an official stat until 1982). L.T. was named league MVP for his efforts, becoming the first defensive player to be named league MVP since 1971 (Alan Page).

Taylor was the key part of the Giants' vaunted defense, which helped lead the team to Super Bowl victories in Super Bowls XXI and XXV.

No one's perfect, and Taylor's not an exception. During his career, he had problems with drug use, failing drug tests on two occasions. Since his retirement in 1993, Taylor's been arrested numerous times for various offenses, some drug related.

Lawrence Taylor was enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio in 1999.

That same year, ESPN's SportsCentury selected Taylor as #40 on their list of the 100 greatest North American athletes of the 20th century.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.