There are a few other differences between the Slick Rick and Snoop Doggy Dogg versions of this classic track. Upon the sad realization that the original lyrics have already been noded by perdedor, I can pacify myself by taking this opportunity to highlight the differences between the two. I guess I"ll just take em in chronological order.

So first of all, Snoop Dogg and his dogg pound are just some niggas thats on the mic. Yes, I'm gonna get really anal here. Why not.

After Snoop's bath he puts on his new doggie underwear, of course, and rocks that Cool Water cologne, dating himself immensely.

Oh, he also puts on his white socks and his all-blue Chucks, as opposed to Slick Ricky's fly green sock combo. (and then has to jump back inside cause he forgot his endo.)

And perdedor left out the sing-songy interlude included by both Slick Rick and Snoop, when they encounter Sally and ask her why she's lookin upset. She responds:
Its all because of you,
I'm feelin sad and blue,
You ran away, now my life is filled with rainy days.
I love you so, how much you'll never know..
Cause you took your dope away from me. (crying whimpers are heard, in tune.)


And then Sally's mother may have 'put her finger in the face of MC Rick'...but according to Snoop Dogg, she "started cryin on my shoes and grabbin my dick."

Then, she wanted to break it down the Long Beach way, not cruise in his oj.

And, last but not least, how can I leave out Snoops' signature 'BIOTCH!!'

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.