Kraken: The Curious, Exciting, and Slightly Disturbing Science of Squid is a book by author Wendy Williams, a woman who has spent a great deal of time studying one of the most mysterious and majestic creatures the ocean contains.

Did you know that were it not for the humboldt squid, scientists would not know near as much about human neurology as they do today? That the vampire squid, while terrifying in looks, is a rather nurturing creature? It's true. These and many more interesting morsels of information are presented in a story-telling sort of manner. Where most factual books tend to be bland, Williams bursts with color, adventure, and history in a manner that is exquisite and nonpareil.

She spends equal time studying the scientists as well as the creatures in question, and presents us with information that is both compelling and detailed. The photos and charts that accompany her work lends something to it and the detail is magnificent.

I beg of you, dear reader, pick up a copy of this book. Read it. Love it. Read it some more. You won't regret it.

Boring infos:

Publisher: Harry N. Abrams (Mar 1 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0810984652
ISBN-13: 978-0810984653

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.