Canadian News Anchor.

Knowlton Nash began reporting in 1954 for the Windsor Star and later other newspapers and then the CBC. He wrote articles for Maclean's, Chatelaine and other Canadian publications. Stories covered by Nash include: The U.S. visits of Soviet Premiers Khrushchev and Kosygin; the Bay of Pigs invasion; the Cuban Missile Crisis; the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, and the Viet Nam War.

Longtime host of CBC's "The Nashional" news programme.

Actually, the best thing about Knowlton Nash was his retirement. Not because he wasn't an excellent anchorman -- he was -- but because of why he did it: it was time to give the next guy, Peter Mansbridge, a chance.

Such grace is rare.

Knowlton Nash is the Walter Cronkite of Canadian television news, the epitome of cool, class, and dignity on the air.

The CBC uses him whenever its bosses want to give a program an air of serious thoughtfulness. As part of a "rebranding" move, the CBC recently reinvented its logos, jingles and program promos. Nash's soothing voice is all over, saying things like, "CBC. Canadian ... television" and "This! ...is CBC television. Canada's own."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.