One of the craziest toys I've ever seen. I'm not certain if was actually called 'kitten in a bag' or 'cat in a bag' but that was what it was.

The thing is a small brown bag with tufts of hair sticking out of small holes and a kitten tail sticking out of the opening. The bag contains a small battery operated sound box that make a variety of sounds of a cat meowing in panic and pleading for its life. It reacts on loud noises or on actually being hit or thrown around. Just the perfect gift for all the cat haters out there.

I have two new kittens, named after rivers. They have been here two weeks and two days.

They were only about 7 weeks when I got them, boy and girl, just fixed and groggy from anesthesia on the ride home. They had been fostered a little, and are well trained for catbox and for not using claws on hands.

The first favored toy is a cardboard box, the right size to hold one of them. They spend a lot of time with one inside the box and one outside. Sometimes with a toy mouse on the inside too.

This am before I got up, one of them went into a bag. However, it was a small gift bag with the handles. Apparently he got caught in the handles, panicked and tore around the room and then down the stairs. That was the tiger. I lay in bed laughing.

The black one just did the same thing. She got her neck through the handle and then tore through the kitchen and living room. She got out before I got to her so I couldn't help laughing at her. Nine weeks or not, she stomped away with her ears in the embarrassed cat position.

Good that I didn't leave the bag out the first week they were here. I was supposed to "keep them quiet" since they were post-operative. You can guess how well that went. One jumped over the back of the couch from the floor and landed on me when I was half asleep and then tore off the couch. They seem fine.

I am leaving the bag out to see if they investigate further.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.