Kitten Scouts of America was founded by Katrina Phurrel on November 25, 2020. A direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Katrina saw the upswing in cats taking over the internet and was inspired. Concerned about her own kitty's isolation, she decided to start Kitten Scouts of America, a virtual gathering of Fur Friends.

Starting as a simple post on a cat lover's page, Katrina did not expect over 10,000 shares in just a few short days. Blown away by the interest, she decided to organize. Almost immediately after the launch date, registrations started coming in from all over the country. Within a few short weeks, Katrina organized the first virtual meeting of the Kitten Scouts of America. She established a code of ethics: the Kitten Scout promise and The Kitten Scout Law; began accepting applications for the Board of Directors, and even found a company looking for a good cause to pilot a new Zoom feature called "VR Butterfly Experience" that showed hyper realistic butterflies flying across the screen for everyone to see without having to screen share. This allowed them to see faces AND the butterflies.

There were plans for regional real-life meetings once the pandemic was under control, most to be hosted by local cat cafes. There were also talks of a group trip to the Big Cat Rescue in Florida when travel was safe. Plans for eventually starting a summer camp program were also discussed with programming that included hunting, bathing, and napping. Some regional factions began marathon napping leagues. Kitten Scout Nip treats were slated to be a hit for fund raising.

Unfortunately, at the inaugural meeting the VR butterfly effect was a smashing success, and ultimately led to the first meeting also being the last meeting of the Kitten Scouts of America.

LieQuest 2022

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.