Kingston, Ontario is the seat of power: Queen's University is located there. Canada's first Prime Minister, Sir John A. McDonald, practiced law here. Also, Kingston has more prisons than you can shake a stick at.

Kingston is the name of the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products for desktop computers, notebooks, servers, workstations, laser printers, digital cameras and palm-top computers.

Kingston Technology is best known for its Kingston HyperX line of high speed desktop memory for enthusiasts.

The company was founded in October 17, 1987 by John Tu and David Sun.

In 1990 Kingston started making processor upgrades and in 1993 network and storage products. In 1995 the company first crossed the $1 billion dollar mark, later it was acquired by the Softbank Corporation in 1996.

Today Kingston is a global company that offers more than 2,000 products to support over 9,000 systems, Kingston corporation's sales exceeded $1.4 billion in 2002. Kingston serves an international network of distributors and OEM customers in the US, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and Latin America, representing more than 3,000 locations worldwide.

More info can be found on Kingston's website at http://www.kingston.com/

Kingston is an older, leafy suburb in Canberra, Australia's capital city, south of Lake Burley-Griffen and south east of the parliamentary precinct. In a city that comprises mostly of terracotta suburbs Kingston at least offers cafes and restaurants adjacent to housing. Canberra's sole railway station is in Kingston.

King"ston (?), King"stone` (?), n. (Zoöl.)

The black angel fish. See Angel fish, under Angel.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.