The fictionial entity to whom Rimmer, under the influence of the Hex virus and dressed in a gingham dress, referred when explaining why he couldn't let the Red Dwarf crew out of quarantine having visited another ship.

The Hex Virus (aka the holo-plague) was contracted by Dr. Hildegard Lanstrom, which gave her the power to tap into the hidden power of the psyche. In effect this gave her the power of telekinesis, telepathy and the dreaded Hex vision - the power to kill with your eyes. Unfortunately, the amount of strength needed to tap into the power drained the body and killed the person.



Extract from Red Dwarf; "Quarantine"

RIMMER: CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! If there is one thing I can't stand it's crazy people.
LISTER: Well we've passed the test, Rimmer. You can let us out.
RIMMER: I can't let you out.
LISTER: Why not?
RIMMER: Because the King of the Potato People won't let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here. Keep you here for ten years.
CAT: Could we see him?
RIMMER: See who?
CAT: The King.
RIMMER: Do you have a magic carpet?
LISTER: Yeah, a little three-seater.
RIMMER: So, let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you are completely sane?! I think that warrants 2 hours of W.O.O.
LISTER: What's W.O.O?
CAT: You had to ask.
RIMMER: With ... out ... oxygen. No oxygen for 2 hours. That will teach you to be bread baskets.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.