Handle: Dark Dante

One of the 2 "Kevins," the other being Kevin Mitnick.

Kevin L. Poulsen was most famous for manipulating the phone lines of Los Angeles radio station 102.5 KIIS-FM in the early 1990s to win Porsche for his friends and himself. Poulsen also distingushed himself for being the first hacker ever charged with espionage due to his discovery of federal phone taps of several consulates in the Los Angeles area including those of China, Israel, and South Africa. He received even more unwanted attention when Unsolved Mysteries aired a piece about him and had their phone tip center disconnected on the day of its airing.

In 1995, Poulsen was released from prison after more than 5 years in jail after being arrested in 1991, and then in 1993, charged by the federal government for computer fraud, wiretapping, money laundering, and obstruction of justice. Today, however, he works for SecurityFocus as their editorial director and you can check out his site kevinpoulsen.com which hasn't been updated since February 2000. You might also want to check out Jonathan Littman's book The Watchman: The Twisted Life and Crimes of Serial Hacker Keven Poulsen.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.