The Ket vector is a piece of Dirac notation that represents a quantum wavefunction. For every Ket there is a corresponding Bra vector, that is the Hermitian conjugate of the corresponding Ket vector.

Also, a Siberian language, alternatively known as Yenisei, Yeniseian, or Yenisei-Ostyak. It has only a few thousand speakers.

It is an isolate, that is it is not known to be related to any other language. There are a number of these scattered across Siberia, and they are sometimes termed Palaeo-Siberian, but this falsely implies that they are related to each other. Some linguists think they can see a distant affinity of Ket with the Sino-Tibetan languages.

Speaking of the vectors in the Dirac notation, they are typically written as |x> for x being some label for the state (eg. it could be an eigenvalue of an operator which acts on it).

If you're planning to write these vectors in HTML, I find the best way to do so is like this:

|x<big><big>&gt</big></big>
for the state I have written above. It seems ironic that a hypertext language developed at CERN should have such difficulty with these kinds of expressions!

Ket (?), n. [Icel. kjot flesh; akin to Sw. kott, Dan. kjod.]

Carrion; any filth.

[Prob. Eng.]

Halliwell.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.